In this Case Study article we are going to discuss different aspects of Backlinks such as its definition, importance, types and ways to build them so, let’s start from backlink itself.
Backlinks- In one sentence ‘Backlinks’ are defined as incoming links to our blog (website) or webpage from other websites or blogs. When someone read your article and if he liked the same and produced content related to the same topic on their blog, they links back that content to your webpage, that’s called a backlink. Still confused, let’s take an example suppose Mr. A writes a post in his blog about Backlinks, When Mr. B goes through that article, founds good and publishes a content related to Backlinks on his own blog, giving the link of Mr. a post.
Let’s describe the importance of Backlinks.
Faster indexing- Faster indexing regarded as the most important aspect of Backlinks. As because of them Google and other major search engines indexes even a newer blog or pages or blog post at a much faster rate as when Backlinks from high PR (page rank) site which is crawled frequently comes to your site, which in turn increases crawling of search engine bots in your site resulting in faster indexing.
Search Engine Rankings- Another important aspect of Backlinks are that they improve your site search engine’s ranking. If you build or have more number of quality backlinks, definitely your site’s search engine rankings going to be improved as search engine judge a site rankings on number of quality backlinks. If you have more number of links, search engine show your site on their top pages. Which is again very important for driving traffic from search result’s as we all know that most of the traffic which our blog receives comes from search engines.
Page Rank- Not only search engine rankings, Backlink also effect Page rank directly, When you build Backlinks from high PR sites, you can definitely see an up rank in your next update and we also know how important is page rank regarding SEO. Higher Page rank let’s you ranked high among your competitors who have lower Page rankings, which enrich your site with more traffic than others.
We all know that Backlinks are very important part of SEO (search engine optimization). Now next we have to concentrate on best Backlinks building methods or how to build Backlinks? If you Google for Backlink building, you can find thousands of automated Backlink building tools which guarantees to provide your blog with Backlinks as many as you want in a single click. Some of these automated tools are free and some are paid which provides you backlinks from high PR sites. Sites which provides free backlinks from poor sites decreases your rankings, hence decreases your site performance. Different Paid sites which offer backlinks are detected and penalized by Google after their different updates.
So, from the upper paragraph we came to the conclusion that we should always try for getting some quality backlinks instead of enormous poor quality backlinks and keep ourselves in play safe mode. Now the question arises that what actually a quality backlink is?
Quality Backlinks- A quality backlink is defined as a backlink which comes from a site which has content related to your site rather than a link which comes from a site which is not related to you. Quality backlink comes from site’s which uses your keywords or sites of same theme. Suppose, site A receives a backlink from a site using same keywords or on same theme such as blogging, SEO, Make money online etc, this link is regarded as quality Backlink rather than it receives a link from an Automobile website. Google gives high importance to the link which comes from blogging site and gives less relevance to the link which comes from Automobile site. Google gives high importance to quality links which comes from High PR sites. It considers.gov and.edu as most important Hope you understand what I mean to say.
Now let’s see what are different types of backlinks?
There are basically two different types of backlinks one is “dofollow” and another is “nofollow”.
(1) Dofollow Backlinks- Dofollow backlinks are those backlinks which are followed by search engine crawlers when they crawl your site. Or we can say when search engine crawlers enters your page, they crawl your whole blog including links, pictures everything, when they crawl a “dofollow” link they, lands at that page. Suppose I link back to you, when crawlers crawl that link they lands at your page, which helps in indexing your site faster. It provides you with traffic as well as help in increasing your Page rank.
(2) Nofollow Backlinks- Nofollow backlinks are those backlinks which contains a “nofollow” tag. When search engine crawlers crawl this, they simply ignore it. You can see different website source by right clicking and selecting ‘view source’, then use ctrl+f to find rel=”nofollow”. You will see many links with this tag, these links are nofollow links. These links also provides you with good traffic but not beneficial for Pagerank.
Note: You are advised to build dofollow links and tag poor links in your site with a “nofollow” tag.
Now let’s discuss Best and easiest ways to build quality backinks:-
(1) Social media- Social media and bookmarking site’s are the always provides us with quality backlinks. Facebook and twitter are always proved as good for backlinks building. Just create your fan page there and start posting links.
(2) Guest posting- Guest posting is always discussed as the best white hat technique for building backlinks. Just go to different sites or blogs which offers ‘Guest post’. Write for them which in turn provide you with quality backlinks and traffic.
(3) Blog Commenting- Blog commenting is the easiest way for getting good amount of quality backlinks. Just post comments with your links (anchor text) in blogs related to your niche. Definitely they provide you with good backlinks.
(4) Site submission to blog directories- Submit your blog to different blog directories such as Blogcatalog and Technorati. I also received good backlinks from them.
(5) Forum signature linking- Participate in different forums related to your niche. Many forums uses signature linking, just post your URL in signature linking field and it’s done. (Only high quality forums)
(6) Yahoo answers- Yahoo answers is another way getting good backlinks, answers question related to your niche citing your blog URL.
(7) RSS directories- Submit your feed to different RSS directories.
(8) Article Submission- Submit your article to different article site such as ezinearticles.
If you are following these methods, definitely you are going to build some good quality back links.
For similar articles, please visit [http://www.bloglution.com]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Sandeep_KR_Gupta/1580736
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7740579